Jay Severin called me an a-hole again

After listening to an hour or so of nonsense about the biggest story ever, I had to call in. I got through after three or four attempts. After giving my name and town, I said to the producer, “does Jay have any interest in having a serious conversation with someone who disagrees with him?” I was on hold for just a few minutes, and then here’s what happened:

I wish I knew whether it was really my question that made him hang up on me, or whether he recognized my name and/or voice and knew he’d be in trouble if he actually had that conversation. I’d like to think it was the latter.

13 Comments

1. Ash
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

David, of course SEverin will feel offended.

You will be termed Best and Brightest ONLY if Jay agrees with you. Otherwise you will be called names and made a fool of if he disagrees with you.

Severin has been exposed as a pompous hypocrite; take for example Romneycare where Jay Severin (real name Jimmy Severino) did his ass kissing as usual being Mitt’s butt boy. Romneycare is 80% Obamacare yet Jay firmly opposes Obamacare.

So if you disagree with him, be prepared to get cut off and ridiculed. You wonder why his nationally syndicated show failed miserable some years ago?

2. Sentinel
    Posted April 27, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Brilliant! Severin exposed for what he really is – an intellectual fraud and a coward.
    But you know, David, you’re tilting at windmills. Severin will never allow a serious challange on “his” air.

The entire formula for his program is to open up with whatever his churn is at the beginning and then maintain throughout his time on the air how right he is on the points he propounds. Whatever facts he operates with are carefully separated and stripped of any context and then bent, twisted and distorted so they can be then worked into whatever points he chooses to support.

3. Posted April 28, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Severin is simply a conservative intellectual coward. He does not have the aptitude to carry on a fact based conversation with anyone that disagrees with him. He exists in an alternative universe of his own creation.

4. Maticus**Boston**
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 6:47 am | Permalink

I have heard on many occasions where Jay has had conversations with people of differing views. I happen to be listening when you called in and expected him to respond the way he did when you asked that question. I can not say I completely blame him either. If you truely wanted to have a conversation with him maybe you should not have come out of the gate with a question that obviously was a back handed comment meant to imply that he does not want to have a conversation with you. If he did not I am sure you would never have made it on the air.

5. DavidFromBrighton
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 7:10 am | Permalink

Maticus: Jay may from time to time listen momentarily to people with differing views, but to say he has conversations with them is a stretch. For example, yesterday a caller asked why he did not support the efforts of a community, through their local, elected government, to implement a law reflecting the values of their community — the anti-McDonald’s ordinance. Jay compared this to a local effort to deny black people the ability to work. The caller explained that the difference was that racial discrimination was prohibited by the Constitution. Jay then hung up on the caller and said that the Constitution also protects Jay’s right to eat whatever he wants. No, it doesn’t, Jay. There is no Constitutional right to a Happy Meal. And I’m sure that if you’d let the caller get another word in, he would have explained that to you. But Jay saw that he was caught in a double-standard and took the coward’s way out.

At least when Jay told me he didn’t want to have a serious conversation with someone who disagrees with thim, he was telling the truth. For once.

6. Greg C
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

I was curious to see if anyone had any information regarding windmills and their energy production. I was listening to Jay rant about how the Cape Wind project was a scam, that green energy and technology is an absolute waste of money, countries that use windmills are bleeding money, etc. I don’t believe this of course, but just wanted to know if anyone can verify how much of a lie Jay is spewing.

7. DavidFromBrighton
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Greg C: I’m hardly an expert in this field and I’m sure you can find people who can spin the numbers just about any way you want them spun, but here’s an article that suggests the energy ROI for wind compares favorably with coal, nuclear, and solar: http://www.eoearth.org/article/Energy_return_on_investment_(EROI)_for_wind_energy

8. Lock
    Posted May 2, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Wow. I’m so glad I found this website. I read one of your older posts, saying how it is hard to listen to Jay without having your head nearly explode. I couldn’t agree more. Also, the fact that he, Graham, and McPhee all have Facebook pages and post their political blabber, have people go back and forth for a while, and never participate says to me that he just wants to get people fired up about nothing. He doesn’t want to have a conversation and discuss issues. He wants money. Listeners. And he knows that facts and truth don’t get listeners, anger, hatred, mob-mentality, “burn the witches” get people to listen to his show/sites. I think he actually doesn’t fully believe what he says either. He just says it to get listeners/money. He’s playing the game. I just wish there was something more we could do about it. Maybe we can get a committee of people to take certain hours of his show (and the others on TKK, or is it KKK. I’m getting them confused now I think) and dissect them from time to time. I don’t know, just thinking. Cheers to you!

9. Scott Sin
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Lock, you are so right!! All Jay, and the rest of the cast of characters want are money and listeners. But….they are talk show hosts, that is what they are supposed to do, get listeners fired up then they call in then they get ratings then they make more money. What a beautiful idea,eh?
    What I don’t understand is, if you don’t like Jay, and in your “opinion” he lies, why do you listen? Reach over and turn the channel. I do not understand you people. Talk radio is all about getting people fired up. Not a very hard concept to understand. It’s like Howard Stern said before, he has more listeners that hate him than like him. Just turn the radio off!!!

10. DavidFromBrighton
    Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

I used to listen and call in because I was concerned about the impact that Jay’s words were having on his audience. For a while, I thought I could do something about it. I’ve now realized it’s hopeless for me. See my post on July 30.

11. Ian Hogan
    Posted October 18, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Hi David From Brighton,

Your “obsession” for exposing Jay as a liar seems to be a major priority in your life. Jay is a talk show host that has a dedicated audience, myself included, I don’t understand your passion as you could just turn the dial. Jimmy Myers, Jim Broude and Margery Eagan make my head want to blow up from time to time but I listen to all these shows. you see its very important to see the other sides view on the issues even if you don’t like it. We are all Citizens of this great country, some can speak well like Jay so we need him, he helps get our frustration out. I will award allot of credit to Jay getting Scott Brown elected to the US Senate. Suffice to say you may find satisfaction if you channel your anger by not getting clumsy on the radio, as you can tell your very nervous and your question is not really a question its an acquisition, and frankly when I listen I say ” haha oh god, not this guy again.” Jay hangs up on you because he doesn’t want to waste our time, so next time you call change your name and relax a little.

12. LaLuna
    Posted November 20, 2010 at 9:25 am | Permalink

He admits to being James / Jimmy Severino and assuming a different / shortened name. That, in itself, speaks to his becoming something he is not.

13. cease
    Posted April 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

i only recently came across this blog a few weeks ago and really agree with your points about Severin. I would love to hear what you think about him now that he’s finally fired from WTKK. I abhor this douche.